Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week 7 #17 Technology

I have added comments on a couple of blogs. In one case I knew who's blog it was but in the other I have no idea who the blog belongs to but I commented about a photo that was posted.

Anything Technology, huh? Well, how about the difference in Reference over the past 10 years as the Internet and Online Databases have so completely changed reference service! When I went to library school the Internet was just being introduced and there really wasn't much out there yet. And online databases were harder to use than the book format at the time. It's all come a long way! It's just so easy to hop onto the Internet to look for info on anything. It evens out the resources available at branches no matter how small. They may not be able to house a huge collection of Reference Books but with online resources space doesn't matter! Hooray for Technology!

No comments: